To understand the role of the LADO and how allegations that are made against people who work with children are dealt with.
The course will cover:
The objectives in the outline of the course will be achieved by the use of a presentation, handouts and discussion.
- criteria and threshold for LADO involvement
- how to conduct a 'fact find'
- how to make a referral to LADO and initial considerations regarding restrictions placed on the accused adult
- what to expect at a LADO strategy meeting
- how to protect yourself against false allegations
- what actions need to be taken after the allegation has been investigated.
That delegates will gain a good understanding of
- the role of the LADO
- how allegations that are made against people who work with children are dealt with
- how this applies to their role as early years practitioners.
This course can be used as part of your face-to-face training requirements to achieve the Level 3 safeguarding certificate.
This is a free-of-charge course. Where cancellation occurs with 7 days of the course start, or in the case of non-attendance, a £50 charge will be added to your account.
Please ensure places are cancelled correctly, and confirmation has been received by the Buy Doncaster team to avoid this charge.
Practitioners in group Early Years provisions, Family Hub staff, Childminders, Childminder’s Assistants