For schools to take part in Operation Encompass, it is strongly advised that Headteachers/DSL (Designated Safeguarding Leads) attend this training.
What is Operation Encompass?
What and who is this training for? The aim of this training is to ensure DSL’s;
- Operation Encompass is the sharing of police information regarding any domestic abuse incident with schools, before 9am the following day.
- Every school should appoint a Key Adult, which is usually the Designated Safeguarding Person (DSP)
- The Key adult is responsible for receiving the information from the police and putting in place the most appropriate support for the child or young person when they arrive at school.
- This is a South Yorkshire Countywide Partnership initiative
The training will also enables the DSL to cascade the information internally to school Governors and all staff/stakeholders. This promotes a whole school approach to Operation Encompass, and in doing so creates an environment where children and young people’s wellbeing can flourish.
- Understand the impact of domestic abuse on children and young people (in correlation with ACE’s research)
- Understand the purpose of Operation Encompass
- Are confident when receiving and securely recording police information and can offer/provide the most appropriate support available
Headteachers and Designated Safeguarding Leads